Featured Post

LashedWeights - Fortress Mode Let's Play

Episode 1: Really, Nick?  Whelp, I got some dwarves, ready to go. Sara, Eric, Wendy, Ryan, Sam, Nellie, and Nick. We brought plenty of an...

Saturday, October 22, 2016

New Let's Play - Humans?

Hey guys,
Today I'm trying something new. I will be trying a Dwarf Fortress (DF) challenge. I will play as humans. That means I can't build an underground base. I need to build an actual town. Let's give it a try. ;)
This is the EMBARK SCREEN - we're ready to go!
So my dwarfs humans are ready to build themselves a settlement, but be warned- the graphics can be confusing I'll try to break it down for you.

Whoa! That's kind of confusing. Let's zoom in on the dwarfs.
There we go
The dwarfs are the smiley faces circled in red, the goats are "g"s circled in blue, and the wagon (the transportation of our expedition) is circled in yellow.

Now that we can kind of understand what's going on, we can start our town. I set the woodcutters to chop down some trees, and the miner to start a quarry.

There we go! Get to work, you lazy explorers. Earn your keep. You can see in these pictures some chopped logs (to the left) and the miner mining out an area (below) for a temporary underground farm.

That's right, dwarfs can plant special plants (mostly mushrooms and mosses, actually) that grow only underground. Cool, right?

In the next entry, I will set up stockpiles in my new keep, or "city hall". If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask.

See you,
RattyB signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment